Your daily support for an active, healthy lifestyle
Astaxin® suits those looking to stay healthy and get the most out of their workout. Astaxin® is a dietary supplement containing the algae-based substance astaxanthin and the antioxidants Vitamins C and E. Vitamins C and E protect the body’s cells against oxidative stress. Vitamin C also contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system and reduces fatigue and exhaustion. The ingredients inside the capsules come from vegetable sources.
The story behind Astaxin®
The product is based on over 30 years of Swedish research and is made from algae grown in AstaReal’s plant in the Stockholm archipelago.
- 1988 AstaReal started as a spin-off from Uppsala University and in the late 80s developed a unique cultivation technique for natural astaxanthin.
- 1993 In 1993 AstaReal became the first company in the world to commercially produce natural astaxanthin from the microalga Haematococcus pluvialis.
- 1995 In 1995 AstaReal launched Astaxin®, which was the world´s first human dietary supplement to contain a natural source of astaxanthin.
- 2020 Astaxin®, the Swedish Original, celebrates 25 years on the Swedish market!
- 2021 Started measuring our carbon dioxide emissions and set goals to halve our emissions by 2030.
- Astaxanthin belongs to the carotenoids group. These organic fat-soluble nutrients and dyes can be found in nature. The substance is found in algae and in some fish and seafood that eat algae, including salmon, crabs, krill and lobster. Astaxanthin presents a strong red colour.
- Astaxin® is a dietary supplement containing the algae-based substance Astaxanthin and the antioxidants Vitamins C and E. Vitamins C and E protect the body’s cells against oxidative stress. Vitamin C also contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system and reduces fatigue and exhaustion.
At AstaReal, we extract Astaxanthin from the microalgae Haematococcus pluvialis, the richest source found in nature. Today, AstaReal is a leader in astaxanthin research. Our goal is to present studies that are approved by the EU as the basis for health claims.